Kearney Public Schools Posting Procedure for Community Activities
Kearney Public Schools
Website Posting Procedure for Community Activities
1. To qualify for inclusion on the Community Activities link on the Kearney Public Schools web site you must be a non-profit entity advertising an event or activity that will benefit our community’s youth. KPS has final approval on all postings.
2. The event or activity request must relate to a one time occurrence with a start date and end date or “register by” date. Businesses wanting to advertise a service or product that creates a profit will not be approved.
3. Please send your information at least one week in advance for approval and uploading. There is no guarantee that information sent too close to the actual event will be posted in time for the event. If your submission is not approved, you will be notified.
4. Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Flyer (pdf or jpg)
• Organization’s or Event Logo
• Event Title
• Date & Time of Event
• Eligibility Requirements i.e. age, grade, etc.
• Website URL, email contact or Facebook link (if available)
5. Handouts are not distributed directly to students unless the information is from Kearney Public Schools or KPS organizations*. Membership recruitment information from the Boy Scouts of America as described in federal law and Girls Scouts will be allowed. KPS sponsored activities such as KCLC, PAWS, the KPS Foundation, Shrine Circus tickets, Healthy Schools Activities, Good Samaritan Health Systems’ “Slow Down in My Neighborhood” sign contest, etc. will also be distributed. No other entities will be allowed to distribute information to students.
6. One flyer per school may be posted in the schools (if that school as a designated area for such flyers). Flyers must be approved by and distributed through the KPS Administration Offices. Flyers delivered directly to the schools, not by the KPS Administrative Offices, will not be displayed.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact Deb Baumgartner, email@example.com or Tori Stofferson, firstname.lastname@example.org.