Vision, Mission, Beliefs
The KPS Vision
Kearney Public Schools will become a service-oriented, student-centered learning community that continually creates the capacity for everyone to learn. Our learning community will embody the following concepts:
- Learning in a part of the community affects the entire community.
- All of the members of our community learn continually together.
- Mutual respect and trust are necessary throughout the community.
- Multi-dimensional communications need to be promoted at all levels.
- Shared vision and shared leadership are needed at all levels of the community.
- Members of the community need to be committed to, and be stewards of, our common vision.
- Connections and partnerships must be fostered with other agencies, organizations, businesses, and schools.
The KPS Mission
Create an environment that fosters mutual respect.
Inspire the love of learning
Expect excellence from all.
Education is the responsibility of the entire community.
Education depends upon communication among the school, family, and the community.
Education cultivates interests that promote life-long learning.
Education provides opportunities to challenge each student to do his or her personal best.
All students can learn.
Communication and reasoning skills are essential.
Students are responsible for meeting clearly stated high expectations.
Schools must provide a safe and caring learning environment.
Respect of self and others is essential.
Individual excellence is best achieved
when endorsed by school, family, and community.
Embodied within the mission of Kearney Public Schools is a dedication to help our students develop into good citizens that are responsible, contributing members of our society. And part of what defines a good citizen is one that uses resources in a wise and efficient manner, otherwise defined as using our resources in a sustainable way.
The actions we pursue are a collection of focused efforts to help meet our educational goals by wisely using our resources and concurrently demonstrating environmental stewardship to our students, staff, and community.
Kearney Public Schools seeks to serve as a good role model for our community and our students; our efforts to be resource efficient further solidify our stature as a community leader, as well as demonstrate the type of behaviors and commitment to environmental stewardship that will help students develop into responsible and contributing members of our community.